Wednesday, October 18, 2006

金鹰潮剧团 狄青解征衣 Kim Eng Teochew Opera Troupe Another performance by Singapore Teochew Opera Troupe


On Sunday, 15 Oct 2006, my younger sister was so happy to notice that 金鹰潮剧团 was performing near her place of residence in Bishan. She called me early in the morning to give me an early warning so that I could set aside time to watch Kim Eng.



I decided to take a bus ride down as it was definitely faster than driving. Indeed, I took only 15 minutes to reach Bishan Street 22 by taking Bus number 851.



I reached there about 8.15 pm and the show had already commenced. 金鹰潮剧团 put up 狄青解征衣. I have not seen 金鹰潮剧团 performed 狄青解征衣 before. Then, I phoned my younger sister to join me for the show. She is not an opera fan and will never watch one if she is alone. There were slightly more than 30 people watching 金鹰潮剧团.

The next day, the local evening daily news, Shin Min Daily News featured 金鹰潮剧团 as one of the local news. It is now confirmed that 金鹰潮剧团 will disband in February in 2007. The last time I heard about this news was that the troupe would disband in Nov 2006. Wow! I have another 3 months to watch 金鹰潮剧团.
On 17 Oct 2006, my younger sister called me again to inform me that 金鹰潮剧团 would be performing in Bishan for 4 nights instead of the usual 2 nights. On the same day, Shin Min Daily News carried another article by a reporter who shared her reflections watching teochew opera and she mentioned 金鹰潮剧团 and 新荣和兴.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home