Saturday, September 30, 2006

广东潮剧院三团 Guangdong Teochew Opera Troupe 3
再谈广东潮剧院三团的演员 - 2


For this blog, I would like to share my experience watching the performances by 许碧霞, 许佳婉 and 李少娟.

In my previous blog, I briefly mentioned about my encounter with 碧霞. She played the key female lead role in 碧血丹心, 节义夫妻 and 梦圆锦香亭. She is definitely very versatile and can perform very well in many different roles. No wonder she is the 当家花旦 of 广东潮剧院三团. Her friendly disposition somehow makes her quite popular.






Next, I would like to introduce 许佳婉. I only got to that there is such a talented actress after I watched 薛刚兴唐. 佳婉 played the role as 薛葵. Her ugly painted face had already captured the audience attention. Then, came along her talented performance during the scene where she was about to meet her father 薛刚. One other factor that contributed to her very good performance was her size. She is a small build person. It is definitely convincing to the audience for her to play the role as a teenager.


Lastly, I would like to introduce 李少娟. She appeared as male lead or supporting male lead in many of the performances. In 闹花灯, she played a supporting male lead as 薛猛. In 安禄山犯长安,she played the key male lead as 钟景期. It is a fact that guys are normally assigned to act as key male leads in China Teochew Opera Troupes. She must have put in tremendous efforts to emerge as one of the male leads.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home