Thursday, September 14, 2006

广东潮剧院三团 Guangdong Teochew Opera Troupe 3
薛刚兴唐

Wednesday 13 Sep 2006

初遇姚璇秋和李勇强


On Wednesday, I went to Kreta Ayer Cinema to support 广东潮剧院三团. I reached the cinema at about 6.45 pm. After purchasing a $30 ticket, I had my dinner. Then I went to the back stage to look for 张楚武. I praised him for the outstanding performance last evening. He asked whether I was present for the rehearsal. I told him I had to work. 张楚武 said their usual schedule for rehearsal is in the afternoon.


This evening, 广东潮剧院三团 put up 薛刚兴唐. This is part 2 of 闹花灯. The box office was comparable to last evening. The plot is a little different from the black and white movie 薛刚反唐 by 陈楚蕙 and 曾珊凤. There were quite a few fighting scenes and there were much applause for quite a few actors at the various segments of the show. Overall, I think 许佳婉 played the role as 薛葵 very well. In my opinion, she emerged as one of the most outstanding actresses in the show 薛刚兴唐.

During the tea break, I went to the backstage. I was fortunate to see 中国潮剧著名青衣花旦姚璇秋 in person. I had a casual talk with her and took some photos too.

Then, I saw a young man with painted face and I asked him for a photo shoot. He introduced himself as 李勇强. Immediately, I recalled seeing his name as one of the winners for bronze medal at the 广东省第五届戏剧演艺大赛(潮剧赛区) which was just held in Guangdong from 28 to 31 Aug 2006. 李勇强 was awarded a bronze medal for his performance 武松杀嫂.

I congratulated him for winning the award and had a short chat with him. He told me he only played a small role in 薛刚兴唐. He said he would have more appearance in 忠烈双娇 and 碧血丹心 but I told him I might not have the time to watch so many performances. I find him very friendly and sincere.


The show 薛刚兴唐 ended at about 11 pm.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home