Wednesday, August 30, 2006

孟丽君 - 陈楚蕙,方巧玉
新天彩潮剧团
Another Teochew Movie By The Heavenly King 陈楚蕙




孟丽君 is a very popular script as it has been produced in movies of different dialect groups, for example, Teochew, Hokkien etc. In the 1980s, there was also a very popular Chinese serial produced by Taiwan and a Taiwanese actress known as 陈丽丽 played the role as 孟丽君.

I like the original soundtrack of the Teochew movie 孟丽君 by 陈楚蕙 and 方巧玉 of 新天彩潮剧团. I watched that movie screened on Channel 8 of television Singapore many years ago. My mother and sister also like this movie very much and they spent some money to buy a set of 3LP (large plate) black records in the 1970s.

There is also another Teochew movie 孟丽君 by 庄雪娟 and 石玲 of 東山潮剧团. It is a totally different production compared to that of 新天彩潮剧团 as the movie has more dialogues than opera singing. I managed to rent the video from a shop near Yishun swimming complex in the 1990s. Not sure if the shop still keeps a copy of the video tape.

I have also watched the stage performance by 陈楚蕙 when 楚蕙潮剧团 performed in Singapore. I remembered I went there after work and paid for a $30 ticket just to have a closer look of 陈楚蕙. Below is a picture of 孟丽君 by 楚蕙潮剧团.




陈楚蕙 also performed 孟丽君 when she paired up with 谢子兰 of 泰中潮剧团 in the 1980s. See pictures below.




I am still waiting for the release of 孟丽君 by 陈楚蕙 and 方巧玉 of 新天彩潮剧团 on VCD.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I would like to get the movie copy.
Is it available?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home