Saturday, August 26, 2006

织云潮剧团 - 秦香莲
Back To Watching 织云潮剧团 in 2005



Last year, I came to Toa Payoh Lorong 1 market to watch 织云潮剧团. The same actress who played the male lead since 1970 was performing on the first night. Guessed what show 织云潮剧团 put up? It was none other than 萧 湘 秋 雨, a show which 新荣艺潮剧团 always staged during the 7th lunar month a quarter century ago. It was quite a surprise to me for 织云潮剧团 to put up this show as they never did so in their golden years. I guessed this show requires less people and the props are not complicated. Anyway, I thought I was fortunate enough to see my favourite actress again as I missed her performance last year. I regretted for having forgotten to bring my digital camera along.



Then, on the second night 织云潮剧团 put up 秦香莲. The actor who played the role as 包公 was real solid. He could sing a few parts in the style of 外江戏. That actress who performed the role of 秦香莲 was good too. She sang and cried and I could see tears in her eyes and mucus dripping from her nose. Not sure if she is a local or from Thailand. And better, 织云潮剧团 was able to find two young children, one toddler and another boy about 6 years old to act as the children of 秦香莲. I managed to take a few pictures with my digital camera.

剧中 "杀庙" is also a common 折子戏. 广东潮剧院一团 performed ’杀庙’ when they came to Singapore in Jul 2006. 黄映伟 played the role as 韩琪. It is about 陈世美赶走香莲之后,怕生后患,竟派武士韩琪前往追杀。韩琪在“三官庙”追到香莲母子,经香莲诉说之后,为了不昧良心,韩琪终于放走她们母子三人,自己却因无法向陈世美复命而自刎。


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home