Friday, August 25, 2006

织云潮剧团 to 金鹰潮剧团
From Yishun to Toa Payoh and Back To Yishun

Every year, the 26th and 27th days of the lunar 7th seventh month are two of my favourite days. I know 织云潮剧团 will be performing at the wet market at Lorong 1, Toa Payoh, Singapore. It has been the only troupe that performs there every year since 1969 without fail. On the 26th day of lunar 7th month, ie 19 Aug 2006, my wife and children accompanied me to watch 织云潮剧团. This year, another person, Q L, was there too.


What happened to 织云潮剧团? It is supposed to be one of the best among the 4 local Teochew Street Opera Troupes in Singapore. For the beginning segment 京城會, 织云潮剧团 only managed to have one soldier to accompany 狀元呂蒙正. In the past, there were four soldiers. Then, last year it had two soldiers. Gosh, just one soldier this year and that soldier was an old actor without any make up. My wife stared at me and we both sighed. I wasn’t quite impressed with the 京城會. Then, I heard some elderly men shared that 织云潮剧团 actually have two troupes during the lunar 7th month. They split the limited number of actors and actresses into 2 troupes to reap the maximum profit during this golden lunar 7th month. Well, if what I heard was true, then I would have to find another occasion to watch 织云潮剧团 again.

That evening, 织云潮剧团 put up 3折子戏, namely 包公赔情, 白兔记 and 回书. My wife and children watched for a short while and then we went to visit my brother who lives nearby. Anyway, 包公赔情, 白兔记 and 回书 are 3 very common 折子戏.

A short brief of 包公赔情. 包公奉旨陈州放粮, 有人告包勉贪赃枉法,罪证昭彰. 包公为伸民冤,按律铡侄,后回府向嫂嫂赔礼. 嫂嫂王凤英痛及母子之情,悲伤至极,怒斥包公忘恩负义,欲杀之以泄愤. 包公细陈情由,明之以理,终得嫂嫂谅解.


白兔记 and 回书 are 2 折子戏 that come from the same story 李三娘井边会. I like to watch 李三娘井边会 by 庄雪娟、丁楚翘. I have watched the 折子戏 by 姚璇秋, 张长城 and 陈瑜. Personally, I like the 李三娘 by 姚璇秋 and 刘咬脐 by 庄雪娟. A short brief of 白兔记. 沙陀村, 刘智远与李三娘成婚不久,刘智远被迫赴山西投军. 李三娘在家遭受兄嫂虐待,于磨房产下一子,取名咬脐。其兄狠素,咬脐险被哥嫂溺死,幸得窦公救往太原,交与智远,改名承佑. 十六年后, 一日,承佑外出射猎,为寻白兔,得会三娘. 虽各有疑惑,但碍于贫富悬殊,贵贱有别,不敢相认。三娘只好咬指写书,马前赠水,托承佑往军中寻夫问子.


Then the next 折子戏, 回书, kicks in. 刘咬脐归来,将李三娘井边汲水诉说冤情、咬指写书、托与寻夫问子之事,禀告父亲刘智远. 智远接看血书,确认其妻李三娘所写,思念前情,不禁泪下. 咬脐再三追问,智远遂言明写书人乃咬脐生母. 咬脐闻之. 放声痛哭,致惊动晚娘岳氏. 隐情披露后,岳氏劝夫命儿,前往井边,接回李三娘. Chinese write-up is adapted from 潮剧大观园.

At about 8.40 pm, Q L and my family left the place. Q L and I went to watch 金鹰潮剧团 at Yishun. 金鹰潮剧团 put up 红楼夜审. This is my first time watching the opera piece. Again, my camera did not work well and I only managed to capture some shots.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home