Wednesday, August 23, 2006

金鹰潮剧团 假婿盗方
Watching Kim Eng Teochew Opera Troupe Again




On the 24th of the lunar 7th month, ie 17 Aug 2006, I returned to Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 again to watch 金鹰潮剧团. That night, 金鹰潮剧团 put up 假婿盗方.


I reached there about 9 pm. As I was late, I missed the first part of the show. I saw that part where the prince managed to get hold of the secret recipe by entering into a marriage.


Then he met his fiancee in the garden. Eventually, he was saved by a warrior and a white horse.


I realized that I was not the only one taking photographs. I saw three more young men. They looked like professional photographers as they were armed with rather sophisticated cameras. I only had my Canon A80. I wondered if they were there taking photos for commercial purpose or simply like me who loves to keep photos about Chinese opera.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Actually kim eng's costumes are quite nice. But their drums and gongs lose out to Zhi Yun one by a wide gap.

 
At 10:01 PM , Blogger Chai Soon 才顺 said...

Never mind lah, so long as they put up good performances.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home