Tuesday, July 25, 2006

金玉良缘红楼梦
by 林青霞 (Brigette Lin),张艾嘉


Time flies. Recalled watching 金玉良缘红楼梦 by superstars Brigette Lin many years ago. Think that was the first time she played 'male' lead as 贾宝玉 in the movie. Of course, there were many commendations and criticisms about her her acting skills and the role she played. If you have watched her movies like 新龙门客栈, 东方不败, 刀马旦etc, I leave it to you to make your own judgment.

I also watched 越剧红楼梦 'Dream of Red Chamber' by 徐玉兰 and 王文娟 many years ago. It was a repeat but thousands flocked to see. I managed to get a ticket in the first row. I was touched by the songs, beautiful scenes and polished acting skills. I did not mind straining my neck throughout the entire show. The movie started at closed to 10 pm, (supposed to be a 9.15 or 9.30 pm show) and ended past midnight. Strange, it was one of those shows which my intuitive thoughts told me I should not miss it. Great movie indeed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home