Friday, July 14, 2006

First Encounter With Guangdong Teochew Opera Troupe 1
广东潮剧院一团

Just returned from a wedding dinner at Marriot Hotel. Met some of my former and ex-colleagues. The sharing and learning has been quite interesting. Told my former colleagues that I actually wanted very much to watch the Zhe Zi Xi by Teochew Troupe 1 but then friendship is more important mah. So I came for the dinner.

Immediately after my bath, I decided to give it a try, ie to start posting my experience, thoughts and encounters via blog.

On 13 Jul 2006, I wanted to create my own blog but I was so tired after returning from Kreta Ayer Theatre. I went to watch 汉文皇后. In this show, the lead actors and actresses are 刘小丽、张怡凰、陈秦梦、林武燕、林初发. I am aware that 黄映伟 only played a small role in this show but I have no choice because of my tight schedule. If I missed the show on 13 Jul 06, I would have to wait till another day since I have a wedding dinner to attend on Friday.

I arrived very early (at about 7 pm) and went to the backstage to look for 黄映伟. I was quite excited as I would be seeing him in person for the first time. As you may know, the backstage is always busy with actors and actresses painting their faces. Besides, there would be many fans like me busy searching for their idols. After searching for a while, I stopped by one actor and asked him where 黄映伟 was. He pointed to the guy in black T-shirt with his back facing me. I walked towards the room and said hello to him in mandarin. He was busy painting his face but he did say '您好' . I told him I like to watch his performance and then I left the room so that he could concentrate on his make-up. While I was on my way out, guessed who I saw. Mediacorp Nick Shen was there with two other colleagues. Not sure what he was doing there but he was carrying a small notebook. I supposed he was interviewing some actors. I smiled at him while I was making a phone call but I did not ask him for a photo shoot. After that, I left the backstage and loitered outside. Finally, 黄映伟 came out and he waved at me before proceeding to meet a few aunties who were already there when I arrived. He stayed for a while and then returned to the back stage. I decided to enter the backstage again. I managed to shake hands with him and took some photographs. He looks younger, slimmer and definitely more handsome than those VCDs I saw. I also managed to stand outside the room where 刘小丽、张怡凰 and 林初发 were doing their make-up. Then I met my aunt (my late father's youngest sister) who was there with her friends.

I left the backstage and quickly sms my wife as she is also a fan of 黄映伟. The show started at 7.45 pm sharp. The theatre was about 70% to 80% packed with mostly senior citizens. The MC announced that after this series of performance, Troupe 1 will only return in 2008. I told myself I was lucky enough to make a decision to come for the show tonight. This is the first time I watch Troupe 1 because my favourite idol has all along been Tan Chor Hwee. I began to appreciate and love Troupe 1 after I watched 黄映伟 performed in 血溅三宝袍. Besides me, my mother and my wife also agreed that the performance was excellent.

At 9 pm, there was a 15 minutes tea break. I went to the back stage again but 黄 映伟 was busy with a few fans. He was dressed as a warrior.


I managed to take a few shots when 林初发 was changing his costumes. He was extremely friendly. Then, I asked 张怡凰 for a photo shoot and she happily consented. I asked a lady to help me with the photo-taking. After the tea break, I returned to watch 汉文皇后. After the show, the actors and actresses came down and lined up just outside the exit to shake hands and take photos with fans and supporters. I have never seen such an arrangement before. I must applaud Troupe 1 and the organiser for being so considerate.
What a memorable night!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home