Saturday, July 15, 2006

Teochew Opera - Guangdong Teochew Opera Troupe 1
广东潮剧院一团
7月15日/《苏后复国》(张怡凰、林初发、刘小丽、陈鸿飞)




15 Jul 2006 is the last second day of Guangdong Teochew Opera Troupe 1’s performance in Singapore. As it was a Saturday, I decided to watch the show 苏后复国 tonight and also book two tickets for tomorrow. I rushed to Kreta Ayer immediately after dinner.


The MC announced that that the show is actually the second part of the complete story 苏后复国. Last year, they performed the first part which featured how the parrot was killed and there was no slot for part 2. Many people were expecting Troupe 1 to perform part 2. The MC gave a brief outline of part 1 so that the audience could follow the story. Actually, I thought they simplified the plot as I have the vcd set which has 6 discs. I told my wife I wondered how Troupe 1 could complete the show within 3-hour. Ah ha,the MC cleared my doubt.


During tea break, I went to the backstage to take a few pictures of 黄映伟. At the end of the show, I also took some pictures where the performers gathered with some VIP for a photo shoot. Outside the theatre, I took some pictures of 林武燕, 陈晓丽 and 林燕云. I told 林武燕 that I will be coming back tonight. 陈晓丽 and 林燕云 played the role as 潘文 and 潘武, respectively, very well.

Overall, I would rate the performance as very good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home