Saturday, February 20, 2010

香港潮剧电影广告珍藏
Hong Kong Teochew Movies Newspapers Advertisements


Thanks to Han Ming for the lead.

These newspapers advertisements are rare 'gems' as I have no opportunity to see them at that time. I could probably be a little kid running around in a kampong in Jalan Scudai when these teochew movies were screened in the cinemas.
I placed 严兰贞敲破玉花瓶 as the first picture because this is one of my favourite movies. I enjoying listening and singing along especially the first part of the movie, 背夫.




All these newspapers advertisements are so unique. If you scrutinise closely, you will get to realise that Tan Chor Hwee had altered her name from 惠 to 蕙. May be she did so upon the advice of fengshui masters, ha ha.


双驸马 and 明珠宝剑 are one of those very few teochew movies which were produced in two parts. But, it is a little misleading as each movie carried a different title. Other movies like 薛丁山与樊梨花 and 崔鸣凤晋袈裟 retained the same movie title but adopted the 上集 and 下集 approach of naming the titles. In fact, 双驸马 and 明珠宝剑 should be compressed in a 3-hour movie as the first 1/3 to 1/2 part of 明珠宝剑 is actually an exact replica of the last segment of 双驸马.



I like this movie 李三娘井边会 very much. That segment on 井边会 is really a very delicate piece and I love to sing along whenever I watch this movie.



清官斩孝女 is one of the few movies which I had no chance to watch. Not sure if anyone has taped this movie. Dream, dream, dream, hopefully, someone shares this on youtube one day.



I remembered watching 铁弓缘 when I was in upper primary. Thanks to the then TV Singapore or SBC which is now known as Mediacorp.



Do you have any memorable collections to share? Please upload as I am sure many fans are eager to see such pictures/newspapers cuttings.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM , Blogger Tan Han Ming said...

Thanks for upload. There is another movie which were produced in two parts and each movie carried a different title, namely 火燒碧雲宮 and 包公会李后.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home