Monday, April 28, 2008

陈楚蕙潮剧艺术演唱会 2008 (第三晚演出)
Tan Chor Hwee Teochew Opera and Concert – Day 3
Sunday, 27 Apr 2008



Chor Hwee and I

Time flies. Tonight is the last performance of 陈楚蕙潮剧艺术演唱会 2008. I had my dinner at Pearl’s Centre and reached Kreta Ayer Theatre at about 6.50 pm. I saw many old folks streaming down the street and I realized that the afternoon performance could have just ended.

This time round, the door leading to the backstage was locked. I supposed the actors/actresses were having their dinner and they needed some rest. The door was finally opened at about 7.40 pm. I went to look around and heard that 陈楚蕙 was not in. I wondered how could it be as she would be the first to sing. Then, I went to look for 蔡碧霞. She was preparing for her performance later. I also got to know 陈国来. He was painting his face red as he would playing the role as 关公later. I asked her the aunties were saying that 陈楚蕙 was not in and she pointed at one corner where 陈楚蕙 was doing her make. Ha ha, 调虎离山记. I told 蔡碧霞 that I had no opportunity to take photos of her and 陈国来 for my blog. She told me to come during the interval and I told I was not sure if there could one as there was no interval on Day 1.

Sim Hwee Cheng and I

One lady besides asked me in Mandarin, ‘你会看潮州戏啊?’ I told her I have been watching Teochew Opera since I was young. While watching, she also agreed that the lady MC was terrible. Those ladies seated in front of me also aired their dissatisfaction during one part of the show.

Lim Gek and I

Like the other 2 performances, 陈楚蕙 sang a few songs at the beginning of the show. 告神 by林玉 was supposed to be one of the 折子戏 but she sang in civilian. Wow, 十八相送 by 陈楚蕙 and沈惠贞 leh. I have not watched this 折子戏 before and I like this segment from the movie 梁三伯与祝英台. I have watched this performance many times. I fell in love with 黄梅调 when I watched 梁三伯与祝英台 by凌波, the Cantonese drama serial 梁三伯与祝英台by 刘松仁, 越剧梁三伯与祝英台 by 茅威涛 and the Teochew opera movie 梁三伯与祝英台 by 庄雪娟 and 石玲. I thoroughly enjoyed this segment very much.

Bixia and Guo Lai

陈国来 and 蔡碧霞 put up a 折子戏 called 关公与貂蝉. A very impressive performance by the Singapore team.

Cai Bixia, Chen Guo Lai and I

Then, the organizer added a折子戏 - 洛水仙姬 by 陈楚蕙 and 余丽莉. The next 折子戏 was 太子杀妻 by 陈楚蕙 and 沈惠贞. Both of them played this role in 楚宫恨 when they performed in Malaysia last year. While 陈楚蕙 was changing her costume for the performance, the 2 MCs went cold feet and did not know what to do. Then, 牛马丁 offered to share the storyline of 太子杀妻. He was so blur that he did not know what he was reading. He read the script for 落水仙姬. A few of us shouted ‘wrong’, ‘wrong script’ but he still did not get the hint. He was simply misleading and confusing some of the audience. Luckily, 陈楚蕙 was ready and the 折子戏 commenced. After that, 陈楚蕙 conducted the grand draw. Only those who watched all the 4 performances were eligible for the draw. A lady was lucky enough to win away the big prize which is a tour to 汕头and 香港 to be led by 陈楚蕙 departing on 20 Nov 2008.

Cai Bixia and Yu Lili

The last 折子戏was 盘夫 by 陈楚蕙 and 林玉. It ended at 11 pm and the crowd was beginning to leave. Then, the MC announced 陈楚蕙 would be singing another song to thank the audience. It was followed by a final appearance of all other actresses and actors. I maneuvered my way to the front stage to take photos. Later, I went up the stage to take photos. The first few shots went to 蔡碧霞 and 陈国来. I also took one photo with them. Then, I saw Qilin and he helped me to take photos with 沈惠贞and 林玉. Finally, I managed to take a photo with my favourite idol, 陈楚蕙, in opera costume.

Tan Chor Hwee

A very rewarding night.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM , Blogger Chai Soon 才顺 said...

I will try to upload some video clips later next week. My children are having exams now. It was already quite a challenge for me to upload this blog. I did a short clip of 十八相送 严兰贞.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home