Saturday, August 22, 2009

Blog! Blog! Blog!
From Yahoo Blog - Tudou - Youtube - Sina Blog




It is great to get to know so many fans and friends who like to watch Chinese opera. I must really thank them for surfing my blogs and websites. Many of them even exchanged emails with me. I have many local and overseas friends whom I got to know after I started to blog and upload video clips on youtube, tudou and baidu. My attempts to blog at Yahoo and Sina have also been rewarding.




I am always ready to share my collections of video clips, VCDs and photos with friends. I even cut VCDs for friends and artistes. Most of them are very appreciative of my efforts and time spent. In return, some even bought VCDs for me when they travelled overseas to Swatow. Others would not heistate to share their collections of mp3 with me or even spent precious time to record the cassette tapes into mp3 for me. I really appreciate their kindness and thoughtfullness.


It is important for people to give and take. If one resort to taking advantage and always take but never give, then, it is quite meaningless to share with such people. I did came across someone who persistently emailed for some opera collections but never showed face when it was time to collect the VCDs and sent someone instead. Then, the contact discontinued though you could see the person on line sometimes but your emails would get ignored despite giving the person the VCDs free of charge. Really sad to know such people but a lesson learned.



It is lunar seventh month now and there are many opportunities to watch street opera performance. Although the standard of performance has deteriorated compared to the late 60's and early 70's, some opera to watch is better than none.

Will upload more video clips if I have time to watch street opera performance this month. Due to the double lunar 5th month this year, children are having examinations now and my presence at home to support them takes priority over street operas. Will upload more video clips and photos if I have the time to watch street opera performance later this week.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:01 PM , Blogger Tan Han Ming said...

Your efforts and contributions in teochew opera are GREATLY appreciated. You are so GREAT ! Thanks for your valuable time spent and your willing to share with others.

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Chai Soon 才顺 said...

Thanks for your appreciation. I have just uploaded a new blog on 'The Orphan of Zhao'. Some video clips on the performance are being produced and will be uploaded on youtube shortly. Hope you like it.

 
At 8:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

emm.. thanks for thread :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home